I’m going to enter. Are you? Follow the link below for complete details.
Link: Lucky Agent Contest
- This contest will be live for approximately 14 days—from Aug. 13, 2012 through the end of Monday, Aug. 27, 2012, PST. Winners notified by e-mail within three weeks of end of contest. Winners announced on the blog thereafter.
- To enter, submit the first 150-200 words of your book. Shorter or longer entries will not be considered. Keep it within word count range please.
- This contest is solely for completed book-length works of middle grade fiction.
- You can submit as many times as you wish. You can submit even if you submitted to other contests in the past, but please note that past winners cannot win again.
- The contest is open to everyone of all ages, save those employees, officers and directors of GLA’s publisher, F+W Media.
- By e-mailing your entry, you are submitting an entry for consideration in this contest and thereby agreeing to the terms written here as well as any terms possibly added by me in the “Comments” section of this blog post. (If you have questions or concerns, write me personally at chuck.sambuchino (at) fwmedia.com. The Gmail account above is for submissions, not questions.)
Top 3 winners all get:
1) A critique of the first 10 double-spaced pages of your work, by your agent judge.
2) A free one-year subscription to WritersMarket.com.
What if I only have ten pages? If I win, that’s all they’ll critique anyway, so wouldn’t that work?
I’m guessing they want completed books so that if any agents happen to be lurking, they know it’s safe to get excited about & request manuscripts. But then, nobody would know you only have ten pages unless someone requested more. Then you could write really fast.
Ms. Susan B., you enter any way you wish, but it’s for a middle grade children’s novel, this time. Other contests will pop up.
And yes, WRITE FAST!